Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Favourite (Christmas) things

The Top Three.
I don't tend to dwell too much on what I will find under the tree at Christmas time.
My hubby and I are blessed to have most of what we want, let alone need.
I know that certain rellies will give me something totally not wanted or liked
so there is no anticipation there
(apart from just how bad it will be)
Christmas is about the kids and the innocence and pleasure that we get to enjoy in watching them.
But this year I have been spoiled.
I do not count the Nintendo DS that arrived under the tree to me from hubby
as this was a political manouver within the immediate family
to have some control over the use of said DS by our children.
"No, it's mummy's DS. Bite me"...
Well, not quite the way the conversation would go but you get the idea.
But I was kinda chuffed this year.
Here is some of my loot.
Sewing 2009
One of the kids gave me a set of Babushka doll measuring cups.
How cute are they?
OK So I had hinted that I wanted them to the point of putting them into hubby's
shopping bag (but I had my eyes closed so that it would be a surprise of course)
But they are cute and practical!
Sewing 2009
My 6 and 1/2 year old son shares my husband's talent for art and craft....
and my husband wouldn't know the useful end of a paintbrush.
But he (son, not hubby) presented me with this painting for Christmas
(that's me holding him as a baby...and yes, I do look that peaky until my first 3 coffees are downed)
I think it is fabulous.
Now the man in the big red suit dropped this off before Christmas
(he's with it- he hit the sales!)
Sewing 2009
An embroidery machine!
Yay for me.
I must have been a really good girl this year.
Thanks Santa.
(Oh, and to top it all off, I snavelled Santa's Baileys on Christmas Eve.
Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell him it was me!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow how cool. I like the EMB machine but I LURVE the measuring cups and wow what an artist. Get that child doing cards on ETSY now LOL! Happy New Year.

Jo's Place said...

WOW what fantastic gifts, you are one lucky lucky lady.

Vic said...

Ooooh yeah - nice loot!

I've got myself some of those measuring cups on their way... I hope they get here soon!!!

zofia said...

yep, I had those cups in my hand for my little sis, but it never happened...may just end up at my place methinks ;)
That boy is a drawer- yippee!!
(Mine only draws battle scenes, but hey, it's drawing right? I'm happy!)
Woo hoo on the Emb mc, joining the club hey?

Tania said...

Holy moly! You struck Christmas gold! And the happiest of new years to you and all those talented present givers!

Tanya said...

I agree, Christmas gold. How fantastic is that painting, un- bloody- real. I love it.