Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Sewing

JFM 2011 030 (Small)

Every now and then I sew something that makes me happy...

JFM 2011 002 (Small)

...from the picking of the fabrics...

JFM 2011 008 (Small)

...to sewing while singing along mindlessly (and I daresay tunelessly) to my itunes favourites...

JFM 2011 012 (Small)

...to seeing my daughter's eyes light up as she watches me sew and
wants to wear it before it is half finished...

JFM 2011 026 (Small)

...to seeing happy pirouettes and twirling around the backyard.

It makes me smile.
JFM 2011 034 (Small)

Pattern: Portabello Pixie Analise skirt









9 comments:

Kate said...

My goodness that skirt makes me happy too.
I dare not show it to my littlies or I'll be up all night cutting and sewing squares too.
Gorgeous, gorgeous skirt.

Anonymous said...

so so gorgeous!!

willow and moo said...

So awesomely gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Just so girls and pretty and twirly. I bet Mae feels so special wearing that.

willywagtail said...

That is totally gorgeous. No wonder your daughter's eyes lit up. Love it. Cherrie

Unknown said...

Brilliant. I hope Mae has more of a waist than my Lulu as when she twirls in her skirt it slips down on her LOL.

Lindy in Brisbane said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous skirt. Been meaning to have a go at one like that myself, but I can't seem to find the sewing machine for all the mess that has been piled on it!

Lola Nova said...

Oh man, I want one! It's the perfect twirly skirt!

Cathie said...

that is definitely a happy skirt!
twirling & smiling ♥