Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sizzle.


(dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com)

Today the temperature reached 41.1 degrees Celsius
as a part of Adelaide's official first heat wave for this summer.

We have been hibernating inside in the air conditioning
but I have been very jealous of my 4 year old daughter
who has been running around in a pair of knickers and nothing else.

Yes, I know that I could do the same
but I'd rather wear the physical discomfort of a couple of days of feeling overheated
than the financial discomfort of years of therapy payments
for the help that my children would need after that vision.

At my advancing age,
a fully clothed family game of Twister can be unpleasant enough.

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Aha! It's all your fault that it's going to be 41 here tomorrow.
If I ran around in my undies, I'd have to put the poor dog in therapy.

Karen said...

We were only talking about this last night! It is now less comfortable to be without clothes...that was the general consensus - haha

Tania said...

You know, I umhed and aahed over the purchase of Twister but I think after we inherit your weather tomorrow, what we'll need is a Slip 'n' Slide. I'll line up the therapy now, shall I?

(All the very best for 2012, Mrs)...

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh yes, we're thinking of you in the crazy heat, poof, poor old SA, aren't you getting record temperatures?? Poof, just think of the fat melting, i do, i'm also not afraid to run around in knickers & a tank either, my children have seen enough flesh after living in Darwin for so many years, therapy isn't going to save them. Love Posie

Cathie said...

heheee..ahh Tas!
thank goodness it has ooled down, that heat was unbearable last few days.

wishing you a "therapy" free new year ;P..no seriously, have an awesome 2012 Little Boozle family ♥