Friday, November 19, 2010

Sis Boom Rosetta Ruffle bag


Little Boozle 2010

I actually sewed a little bit this week,
just so that my sewing machine wouldn't disown me.

As an unsolicited comment,
I have to say that the Sis Boom range of patterns
(or at least those that I have tried)
are, without fail, comprehensive,
well laid out
and sew up very nicely.

There are also usually a good number of variations available within each pattern.

My only comment is-
read the pattern through on your computer screen before printing out
as they can be very lengthy patterns
but there is a handy page telling you which pages to print for the size that you are sewing.

Little Boozle 2010

I was worried that this might be a little prissy for me
but it is my new favourite bag!
It helped that I used co-ordinates from my favourite fabric range for this year,
Lecien's Flower Sugar.

Little Boozle 2010

The other thing that I loved was the size.
I would normally associate a bag of this style to be a cute, smaller purse style.
I made the medium size
(the large size is a tote)
and I can fit a huge amount into it,
perhaps even my 3 year old daughter!

Little Boozle 2010

Now off to pander to my crochet hook...

3 comments:

Sally said...

That is such a delightful fabric ... I'm off to google the range now.

Super sweet bag too. Luvin all them ruffles.

willow and moo said...

I'm not prissy either, but I really like that bag!

michal said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I plan on making this bag too.. you have inspired me :-)