Monday, November 8, 2010

A stripey (but not meant to be stripey) Cassia dress

yarn- 8 ply wool
...in (fuschia) pink..
(now who do you think chose that colour?)

Little Boozle 2010

Notice the stripe through the body of the dress?

*ahem*
It would appear when I was grabbing the balls of wool at the yarn sale,
while elbowing the little old blue rinse set ladies out of the way,
it turns out that I grabbed a mix of different labelled wool which looked the same colour.
Some people (likely little old ladies with a blue rinse) might say that it served me right...

Still learning lessons as I go it would seem.

I am knitting a cardi for myself now because I then I can get away from pink yarn.
Though to be fair, I am doing Tikki's KAL
and the little goddess and I have compromised on a colour change-
red is her 2nd favourite colour.

Little Boozle 2010

There are a few patterns around with this ruched pattern particularly around the neckline.
I am kinda in love with it.
First my GarnStudio tunic,
now Tikki's Cassia,
soon the Madeline Tosh Tea Leaves cardigan. (yes Kate from Foxs Lane- you helped me find that one)
then Tikki's Olearia.

I am sure that I will get sick of it at some point...maybe...





7 comments:

Kate said...

The line through doesn't fuss me. Just pretend its verigated yarn. I love that you elbowed your way in to get it. I love the Cassia too.
And yay for the tea leaves. I have one sleeve to go and have been waiting three weeks for some more yarn in the post.
Which cardi is next for you?

Tanya said...

Love it! Tas, it looks ace, I reckon.

zofia said...

can barely see it!
Looks fabulous :D

Peta said...

Love it Tas! I have this one on the list for one of my princesses too. I say go the Tea Leaves next, I love that pattern.

Lola Nova said...

I like it with the stripe!
In fact the thing is just gorgeous.

Kelly Casanova said...

Stripe? What stripe? (wink, wink)
It looks gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

LOL - you really wouldn't notice unless it was pointed out.
Next lesson (from experience) you need to be fanatical about dyelots as well as colour!
It looks fabulous!