Sunday, February 28, 2010

To Sell or Not to Sell...

Decisions, decisions...

I am blessed in life.
I am able to be a stay at home and easily indulge in my crafting and sewing passions,
well, as much as time allows with 3 young kids.
When I got back into sewing a couple of years ago,
idealistic me had visions of sales, custom orders and some small income from my habit...er, hobby.

However, the demands of running a household, 3 children (2 not yet in school)
and a fabulous ability to procrastinate means that my etsy shop has gone by the wayside
and I have not been trying to sell anything, unless the offer has fallen into my lap.

Yes, I get the pyjamas made, the school clothes fixed and lunch wraps sewn up as needed
(well, not even that at the moment)
but beyond that seems to much of a commitment.

However, she says, eyes hazing over with daydreams of financial and creative success,
there are 2 possibilities in the near horizon giving me the chance to dip my toes back in again:
one of the internet shopping variety and one of the local kindergym one-off market stall variety.

The internet one is imminent and a tad hush-hush
but this will be my first listing.

Keyka Lou pocket clutch.
Denim with Moda Urban Chiks Swell fabric.
Urban Thread embroidery.

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

The kindergym one is a bit further off but it is amazing how short 10 weeks seems when you would be required to produce a stall of goods for sale...
and you really don't have one little goody.
Unless you double dip.

We'll just have to wait and see on that one!

5 comments:

JulieT said...

oooo that is so cute! I'm sure it will do well at the Kinder gym and the shhhh!

zofia said...

I likey Tas!
Will keep an eye out ;)

Vic said...

It's a disease, this procrastinating thing... I know because I have a chronic case...! ;)

You'll rock it Tas. You're sewing is impeccable & I, personally, think you are supermum. Funny, lovely supermum at that.

Gorgy purse my dear.

xo

willow and moo said...

Oh Tas, that clutch will fly out of your shop!

here's my advice...if you want to do the market at the kindergym, make yourself up a plan of what you want to make. I find this really helpful when doing something like that.

Unknown said...

Love the clutch...it is not all or nothing so go with your flow ;-)