Monday, July 13, 2009

Knit Wit

(Or is that Nit Twit?)

Although I have been sewing since I was a teenager, I am a knit sewing newbie. (I thought my stash was big when I just collected cottons and bits and pieces; now I am adding knits!)

I appreciate the speed of sewing knits and I appreciate the forgiveness that it offers but I am still getting the knack of neck binding, especially with regard to a neat join.

A pattern that has been repeatedly recommended to me is the Ottobre design 303- Creative Workshop- Women's Best Tops.

So I sewed one up today to see how they sew up and fit and I am pretty happy.

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

It was so quick to sew up. The fabric is a vintage single knit that I scored from ebay. The neckline is in Stella fabric. The neck binding join is far from perfect but practice will get me there. At least I am not scared to tackle knits anymore.

I might yet be convinced of the attraction (and there sure are some gorgeous knit fabrics out there)

No comments: