Friday, February 26, 2010

Mamu designs Vivi skirt

A love/hate relationship

Mamu Designs have some lovely patterns but I seem to struggle with them.

I have made up a couple and find it to work out what the instructions are telling me to do.

I wish I had my pre-baby brain back!

Anyhow they are straightforward enough to make them up with the bit of guidance my muddled brain can get from the pattern.

This is version 4 of the Vivi skirt,
made with 2 panels only.
Can be worn either way.
Fabrics are cord (patterned cord Robert Kauffman print)

I have never, ever been a fan of cord but then I had no idea how scrummy the
lovely quality, soft, fine cords were.
Now I do...
...and I am a little bit converted now.

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

5 comments:

JulieT said...

I really love how you made this and the little model sets it off beautifully

willow and moo said...

Cute skirt Tas.
Btw, you are not alone. I find the Mamu instructions confusing and not always the best method of construction IMO. (this is based on me making one top LOL)

Unknown said...

Oh Tas I love it and if my DD saw it she would pull it out of the computer screen!!!!

Peta said...

It's just gorgeous Tas, Mae looks adorable in it.

michal said...

I really like this skirt! The fabrics are so cure and your model seems so happy in it!