Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A very sweet (re)treat.

(and a really fun road trip)

IMG_5231

I am a bit slow getting back into the swing of things.

That might well be because a 4 day trip away,
involving some gorgeous women,
lots of sewing, chatter and coffee,
a handful of op shops
and the most fun you can have on a road trip (and back)
from Adelaide to Bacchus Marsh,
made it very difficult to return to the reality of
cooking dinner. helping with homework and getting woken at 6am every morning.

While it was great to come home to sleep in my own bed
(oh, yeah, and meet and greet the hubby and kids),
the 2nd Annual Crafty Mamas retreat 2010
was as much fun as you could hope for.

4 of us South Aussie girls piled into a car
(now affectionately dubbed The Tardis
as she seemed to cope with everything that we bought at the op shop
in spite of the fact that she seemed full of stuff already)
and ventured over the border.

Little Boozle 2010

We stayed the night in Horsham
(visiting Spotlight,
as you do,
when you have just travelled 6 hours in a car
but when the sewing gods are smiling at you
and give you a quilting evening with late night shopping and great discounts,
what can you do?)

Little Boozle 2010

Then enjoyed a leisurely morning of op shopping
and made it mid avo to Sunnystones.

IMG_5229

Set up more for school camps than us crafting mums,
it was perfect.
Casual, meals provided,
ample beds and bathrooms,
log fires.
Rumour has it that it was lovely outside
but we wouldn't know.
We didn't get that far.

IMG_5243

2 days of sewing and crafting,
eating and drinking,
talking and laughing,
learning and teaching,
discussing and supporting.

IMG_5222

Everything that I have come to expect from these lovely women
whom I know so well on line
and am getting to know so well in real life.

IMG_5209

(See I did get some sewing done!)

IMG_5202

Here's to the next one, girls!


3 comments:

TK said...

sounds as if you had a fab time...I don't sew or anything but it sounds like a buzz.....I would have curled up in a corner reading or pretending to scrap whilst I watched all the clever crafty mamas create their magic!!

michal said...

I love my country, but I sometimes wish I lived in Australia. It seems that are all so crafty over there, on the other side of the world!
Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Sally said...

Fantastic. Sounds like you all had an amazing time.