Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A quickie.

Of the blogging variety...
...not that other variety.

Quick stop as I am trying to pack essentials like wine and crafty projects
and non-essentials like clothes and toothbrushes
as I depart with 3 gorgeous South Aussies tomorrow on a road trip interstate.
Have a fantastic weekend ahead with 12 other like-minded crafting mums just out of Bacchus Marsh.
This is the 2nd annual Crafty Mamas sewing retreat
and I am sure that it will be as much fun as last year.
It will involve op shops, coffee, crafting, chatting, wine...
you know the sort of thing!

So I will be back to report sometime after the weekend.

Meanwhile my quickie extends to a fast run down of a skirt that I made this week.

Pattern: Kwik Sew 3494- short version
( I wanted to make th elonger version
but I was too late buying the fabric I had chosen and it was cheap due to some faults but not enough to make the lovely longer version...next time!)
Fabric: green brown boucle (yucky to sew and I don't usually find boucle appealing but this caught my eye)
Verdict: I don't think that the photos do it justice. It is a lovely pattern and I am very happy with the result.

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

I think that it might just make my butt look big
but I love the style
so I'll suck it up.

Have a great weekend everyone.
I know I will.



3 comments:

TK said...

loving the boucle...loving the skirt....have a fab weekend!!!

toadstooldots said...

Great work! And have a nice weekend!

Tania said...

Hooray for crafty soirees! Hope you're feeling entirely rejuvenated. I have no doubt you'll be doing the log-like sleep for a few nights to come as well...