Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This week I discovered...


(image from open.salon.com)

...that the muscles you use with regular Zumba sessions
are completely different from those muscles that you use
-and that will consequently severely stiffen up -
after an afternoon's weeding.

In fact, I am willing to bet
that even if you skip up a big steep hill 5 times a day while
pumping 5kg weights in each hand,
balancing a ping pong ball on your nose and
dropping every 8th step to do 70 pushups,
weeding will find some unused muscles, somewhere,
to cause you pain.

Note to self: make garden maintenance husband's job in future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm I am not sure about that. Would I prefer to be sore for a few days or listen to my husband complain about being sore for a week (it always takes them twice as long to get over it) ... pass me the Deep Heat please ;-)