Sunday, September 13, 2009

Colette Parfait dress

Great patterns for gals with curves.

When I first saw these Colette patterns, I fell in love with them. Thought it was a shame that I wouldn't be able to wear them and would it be wrong to buy them for my now 2 year old daughter to wear when she is older?

But others have said that they would suit my figure and so I took a second look. They are divine patterns. Remind me of vintage style dresses of the 50s.

The patterns are in a gorgeous little booklet layout. Well laid out and easy to follow. I had trouble with the fit as I think I made it a size too big for my top half. But that was my problem; not the pattern's.

I top stitched around the top of the bodice though this wasn't in the pattern.

I also decided to re-invent the way you insert an invisible zipper. OK, so properly reading the instructions on the zipper packet, in my sewing book and in any one of a dozen on-line tutes would have saved me the grief but it reminded me to try that as an option next time I am doing something for the first time.

Anyhow here tis.

Little Boozle 2009


Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

The fit needs more tweaking to sit better but that's something new to me that I need to work on. Meanwhile it is wearable. A bit low cut over the cleavage area so will have to shorten the straps or get a bit funky with my dress code.

No comments: