Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A collective noun for T shirts?

T shirts numbers 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

During the week as I sewed up my 5 tee shirts and cut out another 2, my mind wandered into la la land a bit. So I started wondering what the collective noun for a group of Tshirts was...or should be...

Something cool like a bloat of hippopotamuses.
Or cute...like a mischief of mice.
Or just plain weird...like a sneer of butlers...or a flange of baboons...

But I didn't get far. Nothing witty, meaningful or even practical. Ithink that I just need to stop making tees and get a life so that I can think about more meaningful things!

Anyhow here are the tees- 2 for each of the boys and another for me!
Pattern- Ottobre Creative Workshop 301 (kids) and 303 (womens)
Fabric- Plain - Stella from Crafty Mamas (Australia)
-Patterned - Fabric Fairy (USA)

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

The boys chose the fabric colour for the arms to go with the robot fabric.

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

(Lots of praise and "ooh-ing and aah-ing for the double hems please)

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

I'm halfway through 2 funker styled shirts for my daughter then I am moving onto other projects of the non-tee shirt variety!

5 comments:

Liesl said...

Fantastic t-shirts. Loving the hems. Twin needle? Or are you lucky enough to have a coverstitch machine??

Now to the collective noun ... I think you've got yourself a washing basket" of tees there!

zofia said...

Perfect Liesl. Yes! how apt ;)

You are fab making all these Tas,
hmm, now to finish that retro dress maybe? ;)

Natalie said...

These look fantastic! I have that pattern here and have been meaning to get around to using it for ages now. Maybe with the school holidays on I can get my two older boys to help, it can become an afternoon project!

willow and moo said...

Love them all Tas!

I have some of that robot knit coming my way for Will! :)

Tas said...

Leisl I have a fancy schmancy overlocker and am just discovering what it can do!
My problem was that my mind got to a "bosom of t shirts" and then I just couldn't get past it...