Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fast, forgiving and fabulous...

...but enough about me!

(I'm not that forgiving anyhow)

Knits are wonderful. Now that I am sewing them, I can't believe how fast it is to sew up a garment. Of course, I have a lot to learn and a lot of practicing to do but I think that I have a grip on the basics.

Another Ottobre Creative Workshop 303 tee, this time with a scoop neck rather than a round neck.

Little Boozle 2009

(The neckline is actually a chocolate Stella which matches the brown of the sleeves but it has come up rather blackish in the photo)

Little Boozle 2009

I do find some of the better quality stretch fabrics very expensive. But you sure notice the better quality when you sew them, wash them and wear them. I tend to use the expensive fabric for eg sleeves or body rather than the whole garment- then it goes further!

I still have a soft spot for wovens and always will. But it is nice to have a choice.

1 comment:

Gilly said...

I love this Andrea - the fabric is very nice! Well done :)