Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pins and Needles

Breaking bad sewing habits, one step at a time.

It is amazing how when you get used to something, it doesn't worry you. Move into the renovator's delight and you are going to paint that unbearable Mission Brown kitchen another colour straight away- but it takes you a couple of years. Sit on the foldout stool for months at your sewing machine thinking "I must get a new sewing chair" but never actually getting around to improving the situation (or your posture).

Well, this is how I store my sewing needles:

Little Boozle 2009

Yes, they are in there somewhere. Among the pins, safety pins, and if you look closely, there is even a sewing machine needle in there. Darn annoying when you are looking for them as you can't find them. Darn annoying when you are pinning as you can't pull out anything but needles.
And I daresay it blunts them too.

I have seen a few of these cute little needle books out in Cyberspace recently so my TV viewing this week has been a bit of handsewing. Nice for a change. I added a snap closure to decrease the bulk when not in use.

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

2 comments:

Vic said...

CUTE! I especially luffs the little mushies!

zofia said...

very cute Tas.
I'm with you on the 'getting used to things' vibe!