Sunday, September 13, 2009

Summer is on its way...

Well, it was yesterday!

A couple of unseasonally warm high 20 degree days have blessed us here in Adelaide. Anyhow, it inspired me to whip up something summery and the Sweet Halter dress from ManiMina is quick and easy. Really it is a variation on a pillowcase dress but I think a dressier version.

Little Boozle 2009

The green in the tie is not photographing well; it actually is a different shade of green and goes well with the lime of the main dress body.

The pattern finished the arm holes with a double folded hem edge but I used some fun bias binding instead.

Little Boozle 2009

Mae and I seem to have reached an "understanding" She will try something on long enough to show daddy which is usually long enough for me to snap off a photo or two then she can change back into clothes more acceptable for a 2 and 1/2 year old (!!!!!)

Little Boozle 2009

It may not give me the best photos but at least it doesn't look like I am torturing her to wear my clothes. The neck tiedoesn't sit as snugly on her as it should yet. I made a size 4 as I am wary of American sizing and I figure if it is too big, she can just wear it next year.

1 comment:

Vic said...

Ooooh... that is SO CUTE! Luffs it!

I really need to make Le Punk some "girly" stuff....