Monday, August 3, 2009

26

Odd Sock Tally

Yes, you heard....26! 26!!!!

That is enough socks to make my children a sock puppet once every 2 weeks for a WHOLE year.

Not that I want to do that. I want to pair them up so that my family can wear the socks on their feet as is the natural intention of a sock.

And it was only a few weeks ago that I turfed the ones that had been odd for so long that I thought I should put the surviving sock out of its misery.

I always used to think that the washing machine simply pulverised a random sock in a load of washing to keep life interesting. Now that I add 3 children who leave them in the sand pit, in their shoes, under the fridge, in the video recorder plus a hubby who drops 1 sock in transit and then they never seem to get matched up again...and this makes for more odd socks than is reasonable.

And 2 of them are mine. But I know where the other half to each pair is and some day will re-unite them so mine don't count as a sin.

26...

Well, if it doesn't improve, my children and hubby will be wearing odd socks out in public. So there! I am a domestic goddess but I am not a domestic miracle worker.

No comments: