Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And my husband thinks that I am a hoarder!

Everything but the kitchen sink.

I went to check in on my daughter (aged 2) tonight and was confronted by this:

JAS 2009

I think that she was in there somewhere.

She has always had a need to hoard things in her bed ever since we moved her into it about 6 months ago.

But this was the biggest pile of "valuables" yet.

And, of course, I just had to write them all down.

Yes, I'm anal like that. Sorry!

So just for the record, this is what was in her bed this evening:

1 regular pillow
2 small pillows
1 doona
1 cot blanket
1 muslin wrap
1 fleecy blanket
2 inflatable dolphins (of course. What 2 year old could sleep without an inflatable dolphin of each colourway in her bed?)
1 crocodile xylophone
1 ball toy
1 tee shirt
1 fairy dress
8 books
1 girl's baby carrier
1 bag (containing 4 more books)
2 more bags
1 roll of masking tape (oh, go on; you know you want to-ask me!...This is the tape we use to tape her nappies on as she still tries to pull them off every night)
1 music box
1 yoyo toy
handful of wipes (you never know when you'll need them in the middle of the night; usually she snavels the whole box)
1 teddy bear
1 doll
2 doll's blankets
6 soft toys
and
(ta daaaaaa!)
1 hair clip
oh, and you can count
1 two year old child, sound asleep, dreaming happy dreams secure in the knowledge that her most valued material possessions are within reach.

Sleep well, bubbaloo!

5 comments:

Peta said...

Tas that is hysterical! How cute.

Liesl said...

Hmmm ... that really makes my eldest's previous penchant for sleeping with 45 matchbox cars (inside his sleeping bag) look a bit dull!

willow and moo said...

well, Tas, we know where she gets it! :-p

Kat said...

That is so cute!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I can't believe she is in there, that is so funny.

Gill in Canada