Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And my husband thinks that I am a hoarder!

Everything but the kitchen sink.

I went to check in on my daughter (aged 2) tonight and was confronted by this:

JAS 2009

I think that she was in there somewhere.

She has always had a need to hoard things in her bed ever since we moved her into it about 6 months ago.

But this was the biggest pile of "valuables" yet.

And, of course, I just had to write them all down.

Yes, I'm anal like that. Sorry!

So just for the record, this is what was in her bed this evening:

1 regular pillow
2 small pillows
1 doona
1 cot blanket
1 muslin wrap
1 fleecy blanket
2 inflatable dolphins (of course. What 2 year old could sleep without an inflatable dolphin of each colourway in her bed?)
1 crocodile xylophone
1 ball toy
1 tee shirt
1 fairy dress
8 books
1 girl's baby carrier
1 bag (containing 4 more books)
2 more bags
1 roll of masking tape (oh, go on; you know you want to-ask me!...This is the tape we use to tape her nappies on as she still tries to pull them off every night)
1 music box
1 yoyo toy
handful of wipes (you never know when you'll need them in the middle of the night; usually she snavels the whole box)
1 teddy bear
1 doll
2 doll's blankets
6 soft toys
and
(ta daaaaaa!)
1 hair clip
oh, and you can count
1 two year old child, sound asleep, dreaming happy dreams secure in the knowledge that her most valued material possessions are within reach.

Sleep well, bubbaloo!

5 comments:

Peta said...

Tas that is hysterical! How cute.

Liesl (Hoppo Bumpo) said...

Hmmm ... that really makes my eldest's previous penchant for sleeping with 45 matchbox cars (inside his sleeping bag) look a bit dull!

Sara said...

well, Tas, we know where she gets it! :-p

Kat said...

That is so cute!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I can't believe she is in there, that is so funny.

Gill in Canada