Sunday, August 30, 2009

Farbenmix Olivia hoodie

12 months in the making.

This time last year I hadn't sewn with knits. They frightened and intimidated me. I'm sure that they didn't mean to; they just did. I have been sewing for nearly 30 years and it is only since hanging around with the Crafty Mamas that I have discovered this amazing previously hidden world of Euro fabrics, boutique patterns and of course knits. It has been amazing (and expensive)

So a year ago when I announced "I'm Tas and I'm afraid of knit fabrics", the gals rallied and offered huge amounts of help and wisdom. The Farbenmix Olivia pattern was generally recommended as a good beginner's knit pattern. So I bought it, traced it out, then promptly sat it aside and went on to make knit PJs, tees, even an Antonia.

Last night someone posted in a year old thread where I had announced my intent to sew an Olivia so I ignored my sewing "to do" list today and whipped one up. Super fast, super easy and oh, so super cute!

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009
The hood is so gorgeous!

Little Boozle 2009

Miss Maisy Mae refused to try it on (true to form) So I told her that she could have her milk once she had tried it on and showed daddy. So the PJs came off, on went the top and off she went. Daddy got a 2 second look then she was peeling it off. At least she met her end of the bargain...

Little Boozle 2009

2 comments:

willow and moo said...

Yeah Tas!!! Wooohooo your first Olivia!

And it's a gorgeous one!

Claudia said...

wooooow,
very cute.