Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Can you hear that?

No?

Concentrate.
Try harder.
Shhhh....
Anything?
No?
Just silence?

EXACTAMUNDO, BABY!

Today my youngest child started once a week daycare.
So with one in school and one in half day kindy,
that gives me,
considering the time to do the drop off and pick at kindy,
exactly 2 hours, 27 minutes and 42 seconds to myself
every Tuesday afternoon.

Don't get me wrong.
Love my kids.
But mummy time is good.
Mummy time is great.
Mummy time is fabulous.

It is the first time in nearly 7 years, since my first was born,
that I have official "me" time
on a regular basis.
and in July it will become 6 hours a week!
(provided of course that my daughter continues to enjoy daycare.
My personal freedom and gratification lies with the carefree attitude of a 2 year old. Eek!)

So what did I do today?
Sit and watch Oprah with a tub of icecream double dipping to my heart's content?
Run around nudie a bit (just cos I could)?
Blare out daggy 80s music and do a Tom Cruise around the house?

Nope.
Basically I did a big fat nothing.
Partly to do with the lurgy that I am dealing with.
But partly because I could just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Another gem I have come to understand as I get older:
Silence certainly IS golden!


6 comments:

Tracy said...

Do you have any idea how jealous I am?

Helen said...

2 hours of bliss :) Don't worry Tracy, your time will come. i will have Thursday mornings to myself this term :D

Anonymous said...

Silence certainly IS golden. Enjoy your peace and quiet, and child free craft time. You can cut out all over the floor, and no one will come and mess it up - BLISS!

quilary said...

My youngest started school 5 'n a bit yrs ago and I still loooove the quiet time - and I still "waste" some of it too! But I do believe this saying "Time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted"

zofia said...

Oh enjoy Tas! Mummy time IS important! I kinda wish I'd done a little of this myself...we'll see...

Anonymous said...

Oh i can hear it from here, sounds bliss!