Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An elephantine offering.

Crafty Mamas April pin cushion swap

Now that my pachyderm is safely wrapped and winging her way to the Netherlands,
to a recipient who doesn't lurk around here,
I thought it safe to show what transpired from my Toledo map readings.

She is a vintage elephant
(though in retrospect for a pin cushion a thicker, denser quilting cotton may have been a better choice)
and is certainly not perfect
(matching up all those little fiddly gussett seams got the better of me)
but I hope that the recipient finds her charming...
...and useful!

Pattern: Heather Bailey effie and ollie elephant
Fabrics: vintage cotton and chenille from stash
Cute factor: 5 star

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010

Little Boozle 2010




11 comments:

Wallis Creek Farm said...

Too cute Tas!!
You know, I don't think I could put a pin in that cute elephant lol

zofia said...

Argh Tas, SO cute!
I'm with Liss, too cute to poke with a pin! ;)

Carolyn said...

ohh I WANT ONE!!!

Tin Can Daisy said...

Awww, what a cute heffalump. But I couldn't stick a pin in her either :)

Anonymous said...

That is WAY cute. Well done on your little adventure Tas :)

Kate said...

That is one gorgeous pin cushion! It might have been tricky but it was worth it I think.

Tanya said...

unbelievably fantastic Tas xx

Gilly said...

Oh Tas this is divine - well done :)

Shippymolkfred said...

Oh how cute ist this?
Greetings from Scotland
Shippymolkfred

monART said...

and...I'm the lucky receiver of this little cuteness (thank you!) and to top all it I just love the little green heart leaves perfectly between her eyes! Did you really have that eye for detail? I'm really happy with her, thanx a million

Tas said...

Glad that you like her Mon and that she had a safe journey over to your side of the world! No, the heart was just coincidental! She must be blessed :)