Sunday, September 25, 2011

An unabashed, unapologetic and unsolicited crafty rave.

Little Boozle 2011

We have a lot of books in our household.
Some of those books are non-fiction
and a lot of those non-fiction books are of the cooking/ sewing/ knitting/ other crafting variety. 
...and a lot of them have been very disappointing or just plain crap.

Little Boozle 2011

I just started sewing again this week
after really not doing much at all in the past 6-12 months.
I don't think, caught up in my obsessive knitting phase,
that I realised how much I missed sewing.

Little Boozle 2011

Little Boozle 2011

My first projects were some City Shoppers from Nicole Mallalieu's "You Sew, Girl" book.
I have loved the look of this bag since flicking through the book on Mother's Day
and decided that I now might just need to sew one up
as the necessary hands-free bag one might need on an upcoming trip to, hmmmm, say, Vanuatu.

Little Boozle 2011

I have made a lot of bags
but I have to say that I learnt so much in just making this one style of bag from her book.
The end result is so much more polished and professional than I am used to.

Little Boozle 2011

I actually made 3
(and the third will be making its way to Sydney for my giveaway
so I can't show you yet)

Little Boozle 2011

There are a few more projects that I am eyeing off in Nikki's book
and I am looking forward to ticking them off my project list.
She shares some fantastic techniques and tips
and these bags came together perfectly.

While a few of my craft books are currently dust collectors, this one isn't.
It's a gem.

Little Boozle 2011

12 comments:

Tanya said...

Love the rave! And, wow, Vanuatu? Sigh, how nice!

CurlyPops said...

Love the City Shopper - I made that one for my sister!
Which reminds me that I still can't find my copy of that book aaaggghhh.

Kelly Casanova said...

Your bag looks great! I love the professional finish you get with Nicole's patterns too.
I have very few crafty or cook books, I borrow from the library and often think "gee I'm glad I didn't buy that one". If I really like one then I will buy it.

willow and moo said...

Ok, I"m thinking I might need this book. :)

Crafty Mama said...

Gorgeous Tas, I might need to check this book out too!

JulieT said...

Gorgeous bag!! And I think I might need that book too :p!

quilary said...

I love this book too- groupie me even got Nicole's autograph at the Sydney quilt show! I have a lot of craft books that are from the 80's when I first started earning my own money, but I just can't part with them, even though they are so dated - raffia toilet dolls anyone?

Tania said...

Yeah, well, I subscribe to every word of this particular rave. You do know how to voice a rave Tas!

Little Miss Q said...

I love this book too, and the City Shopper is a great no fail pattern. I've made several, in varying genres and EVERYONE loves them. My book is also signed from the Melbourne AQE in april., Love love love

Little Miss Q said...

oh and I turned the wristlet into a shoulder bag! :O)

Cathie said...

looks amazing! rave on, Nikki's book is wonderful and you know what, so is Nikki!

Karen said...

Yep - she's good isn't she that Nikki - i love your bags Tas, very nice.