Saturday, October 31, 2009

Quality (and quantity) sewing time

Enjoying a rarity.

This afternoon I had one hubby and one goddess down for an afternoon sleep and 2 boys "keeping themselves amused for an hour or two". Amazing how our kids have so much but are so easily bored...but that's another post in itself.

So today the sewing goddess was smiling down on me and I got a couple of hours to myself. OK, so I was meant to be sewing my boys some more summer pyjamas but they have a pair each so I promise I will get the next pairs made for them before the PJs walk themselves to the washing machine in grotty despair.

As promised, my 1st venture into my new Japanese pattern books was to make the little wrap style dress on the front of the girls pattern book.

This was super quick to run up. I have only ever made 2 things out of these books but they tend to be simple and quick. I'm in love!

I took a guess on the size and made size 100. Just fits but not much room for growth. Oh well, just have to make her another one. I'd love to make this in winter fabrics to be worn with a long sleeved tee inderneath.

Pattern- from Japanese girls pattern book
Fabrics- spot- Ava Rose (Grand Revival- Tanya Whelan)
- blue floral- vintage fabric from stash
- crochet edged bias binding- Holland Fabric House
Approval rating- The little princess tried it on with the promise of a Dora the Explorer DVD on the telly and left it on. So far, so good!

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

Little Boozle 2009

Well, that was fun. Sigh. Back to the pyjamas...

2 comments:

zofia said...

I so love this Tas. It really suits her. Supercute binding too...must go have a sticky ;)

Peta said...

Aww that looks adorable! I have a Japanese sewing book but I haven't managed to make anything from it yet, I have heard thought that they tend to run slim.